Believe In the Power of the Potato
Power up your menu with potatoes: students’ all-time favorite vegetable. McCain® offers a full line of K-12 products that fit the new USDA Meal Pattern guidelines.
Every day is a great day for potatoes. Here’s why:
- Kids love potatoes! - Unlike many other vegetables, students actually eat potatoes. That means better nutrition for them, with higher ADP and less waste for you.
- Potatoes are cost-efficient. - Operating on a tight budget? Potatoes offer one of the best nutritional values per penny, giving you greater flexibility to buy other vegetables.
- Potatoes are versatile. - Use potatoes as a delicious side, with dips, or incorporate into your recipes. Potatoes can be menued 3-4 times per week to meet USDA meal pattern guidelines.
- Potatoes are healthy. - High in potassium, vitamin C and vitamin B6. Potatoes are also a good source of fiber, iron, copper and a variety of antioxidants.
- Potatoes are the perfect “Gateway Vegetable.” - Potatoes are a great way to get kids to try other vegetables and increase your overall ADP.